Shelburne Museum is one of the best places to work in Vermont. Benefits include access to Museum exhibits and programs, discounts at the Museum Store and Café, and participation in the employee reciprocal program with many regional attractions. Our beautiful campus, just seven miles from Burlington, is a welcoming place to develop your skills, connect with new colleagues, and build and shape our community. Shelburne Museum is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to fostering diversity within the museum field.
Current openings are listed below. Applicants may apply online by completing the Employment Application and attaching it, along with a cover letter and resume, to an e-mail (pdf format preferred). Please send applications to:
P.O. Box 10
Shelburne, VT 05482
Some positions may request additional information. Final approval for hiring will be dependent upon a successful background check.
Shelburne Museum is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, military service, or because of marital, parental, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the EEO brochure to view your rights.
The Membership Manager is responsible for advancing the Museum’s membership program and revenues by maintaining strong member relations and maintaining and growing membership through outreach and events. This individual oversees the Development Assistant and will utilize the Raiser’s Edge database along with other online platforms to organize communications, process memberships, and analyze and identify trends to better serve members and cultivate opportunities to broaden the membership base.
The position reports to the Development Manager and participates as an active member of a highly effective fundraising department including capital, annual, grant, corporate, and foundation programs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Implement strategies in stewardship, renewal and upgrading of current members based on delivering an outstanding member experience that reinforce the value and benefits of membership
• In collaboration with leadership, work to identify and implement strategies to grow the membership base
• Oversee Development Assistant to ensure data integrity of all member records on Raiser’s Edge database and efficient processing and handling of membership materials.
• Generate pertinent reports to evaluate progress and adjust strategies for retaining, regaining and growing membership
• Work with leadership to create message and materials including event logistics, pricing, and cancellation or change notices
• Create content to support and market events and programs including invitations, press releases and marketing collateral Manage expense and revenue budgets for membership program
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree and at least two years of fundraising and/or membership experience required. Experience with the non-profit sector preferred.
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Meticulous attention to detail
• Work well in a team environment and be able to take initiative and make good decisions as well as motivate others
• Ability to multi-task, meet crucial deadlines, and work with a variety of people in different situations
• Project management skills
• Excellent computer skills and a willingness to learn Raiser’s Edge software, or implement new systems when necessary
• Familiarity with event management and email marketing programs including Eventbrite, Emma and Mailchimp
Working Hours and Conditions: This position requires occasional work on weekends and evenings. Must have a valid driver’s license and be able to lift up to 35 pounds.