Sep 3Daily Tour: Exploring Colonial Revival: Prentis and Stencil Houses
Sep 3Daily Tour: Full Steam Ahead
Sep 3Daily Tour: Highlights of Painting a Nation: American Art at Shelburne Museum
Sep 4Daily Tour: Exploring Colonial Revival: Prentis and Stencil Houses
Sep 4Daily Tour: Full Steam Ahead
Sep 4Daily Tour: Highlights of Painting a Nation: American Art at Shelburne Museum
- Full events calendar >
Passport to LearningView Gallery
PASSPORT TO LEARNING
Pack your bags for an educational adventure at Shelburne Museum!
Passport to Learning is an exciting series of ten interactive workshops for students in grades K-8 that meet educational standards from Vermont’s Framework of Standards and Grade Expectations/Common Core State Standards and introduces students to concepts and themes in art, language arts, math, science, and social studies through a facilitated exploration of Shelburne Museum.
- We offer Passport to Learning each spring and fall. We are currently accepting reservations for September 15, 2014 through October 17, 2014. Monday, October 6 is reserved exclusively for homeschooling families.
- We can accommodate up to 200 students per day.
- Group arrivals are staggered to aid traffic flow through the workshops.
- Workshops run concurrently from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The last workshop session of the day begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Workshops begin promptly on the half hour.
- Each workshop closes for a 30-minute break during the day.
- Workshops run on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Workshops can accommodate between 10 and 20 students at a time. We encourage classrooms to divide into small groups of 4 to 6 students each, with at least one chaperone per group.
- You may choose to complete as few or as many workshops as you would like. We recommend that students in grades K-2 attend 2-3 workshops and students in grades 3-8 attend 3-5 workshops in a visit.
- Every student receives a passport upon arrival. At the completion of a workshop each student receives a stamp in his or her passport.
- Every student receives a pass to return to the Museum for free with one paid adult.
NEW FALL 2014, SMALL GROUP DAYS:
On Small Group days workshops are pre-selected during the registration process to allow for customization of your field trip experience.
Upon your arrival, a Passport to Learning guide will greet you at the Museum Store. Your group will be provided a personal guide to accompany you to our Passport to Learning workshop sites and lead you through the workshop activities.
How does it work?
- We conduct small group days based on the number of registrations received. Once we process your registration we will notify you via e-mail if your group will be participating on one of our small group days.
- We offer up to 10 workshops that are facilitated by your personal guide from the time you arrive until you break for lunch.
- Your students may participate in as many as 5 workshops during your visit.
- We recommend that students in grades K-2 attend 2-3 workshops in one visit. We recommend that students in grades 3-8 attend 3-5 workshops in one visit.
- Workshops must be pre-selected during the registration process so we can customize your field trip schedule and prepare your personal guide for the day.
The admission for Passport to Learning and Small Group Days is $5 per student and $5 per chaperone. School staff or one parent per home-schooled family are admitted free. Please note that if you are a home-school family arriving before 10 a.m., you must pay with cash or a check.
To register your classroom or your homeschooling family for Passport to Learning and Small Group Days, please use our online registration form at http://shelburnemuseum.org/passport-to-learning-registration/.
Please contact the Academic Programs Coordinator at (802) 985-3346 x3395 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.