May 23Mornings at the Museum: Welcome Garden Planting
May 23Passport to Learning
May 24Passport to Learning
- Full events calendar >
May 21st 2013, 05:45@duoeducation Yes! Center for Art and Education will have exhibitions, programs for adults & kids, lectures, music, film.Opens 8-18-13.
- Full twitter page >
Passport to LearningView Gallery
Pack your bags for an educational adventure at Shelburne Museum!
Passport to Learning is an exciting series of twelve interactive workshops for students in grades K-8 that meet educational standards from Vermont’s Framework of Standards and Grade Expectations/Common Core State Standards and introduces students to concepts and themes in art, language arts, math, science, and social studies through a facilitated exploration of Shelburne Museum.
- We offer Passport to Learning each spring and fall. We are currently accepting reservations for May 13 through June 14, 2013. Monday, June 10 is reserved exclusively for homeschooling families.
- We can accommodate up to 200 students per day.
- Group arrivals are staggered to aid traffic flow through the workshops.
- Workshops run concurrently from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The last workshop session of the day begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Workshops begin promptly on the half hour.
- Each workshop closes for a 30-minute break during the day.
- Workshops run on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Workshops can accommodate between 10 and 20 students at a time. We encourage classrooms to divide into small groups of 4 to 6 students each, with at least one chaperone per group.
- You may choose to complete as few or as many workshops as you would like. We recommend that students in grades K-2 attend 2-3 workshops and students in grades 3-8 attend 3-5 workshops in a visit.
- Every student receives a passport upon arrival. At the completion of a workshop each student receives a stamp in his or her passport.
- Every student receives a pass to return to the Museum for free with one paid adult.
Passport to Learning costs $5 per student and $5 per chaperone. School staff or one parent per home-schooled family are admitted free.
To register your classroom or your homeschooling family for Passport to Learning, please use our online registration form at http://shelburnemuseum.org/passport-to-learning-registration/.
Please contact Daphne Zencey, academic programs coordinator, at (802) 985-3346 x3395 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.