May 26Gatherings in the Galleries: Collections Conversations with Curators and Conservators
May 26Webby’s Art Studio: Winter in Miniature
May 28George Sherwood on Wind, Waves, and Light: Kinetic Sculpture
May 28Webby’s Art Studio: Winter in Miniature
Jun 3Classic Auto Festival
Jun 4Classic Auto Festival
- Full events calendar >
Passport to LearningView Gallery
PASSPORT TO LEARNING
Pack your bags for an educational adventure at Shelburne Museum!
Passport to Learning is an exciting series of eight interactive workshops for students in grades K-4 that meet educational standards from Vermont’s Framework of Standards and Grade Expectations/Common Core State Standards and introduces students to concepts and themes in art, language arts, math, science, and social studies through a facilitated exploration of Shelburne Museum.
- We offer Passport to Learning each spring and fall. We are currently accepting reservations for May 16, 2016-June 10, 2016. Monday, May 23rd is reserved exclusively for homeschooling families.
- We can accommodate up to 200 students per day.
- Group arrivals are staggered to aid traffic flow through the workshops.
- Workshops run concurrently from 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. The last workshop session of the day begins at 1:30 p.m.
- Workshops begin promptly on the half hour.
- Each workshop closes for a 30-minute break during the day.
- Workshops run on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Workshops can accommodate between 10 and 20 students at a time. We encourage classrooms to divide into small groups of 4 to 6 students each, with at least one chaperone per group.
- You may choose to complete as few or as many workshops as you would like. We recommend that students in grades K-2 attend 2-3 workshops and students in grades 3-4 attend 3-5 workshops in a visit.
- Every student receives a passport upon arrival. At the completion of a workshop each student receives a stamp in his or her passport.
- Every student receives a pass to return to the Museum for free with one paid adult.
Passport to Learning costs $5 per student and $5 per chaperone. School staff or one parent per home-schooled family are admitted free. Please note that if you are a home-school family arriving before 10 a.m., you must pay with cash or a check.
To register your classroom or your homeschooling family for Passport to Learning, please use our online registration form at http://shelburnemuseum.org/passport-to-learning-registration/.
Please contact the Academic Programs Coordinator at (802) 985-3346 x3395 or firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.