These are the Official Rules and Regulations to govern Shelburne Museum’s 70th Anniversary Benefit Raffle. These official rules may not be waived, modified or supplemented unless such waiver, modification or supplementation is made in writing by Shelburne Museum. Shelburne Museum’s 70th Anniversary Benefit Raffle is a fundraising activity solely for the Museum’s benefit.
- Prizes – Grand Raffle prize is a Green 1977 Triumph Spitfire Convertible. The MSRP value of this vehicle is $10,000. Second prize is a Five-Year Family-Plus Membership to Shelburne Museum and Third prize is a One-Year Family-Plus Membership to Shelburne Museum.
- Tickets – Each ticket can be purchased for $50.00 (Fifty US Dollars). A maximum of 500 tickets will be sold and a minimum of 200 tickets will be sold. If fewer than 200 tickets are sold, Shelburne Museum will refund the value of the tickets purchased to each participant.
- Drawing – The raffle prizes drawing will be held on Wednesday November 1st , 2017 at 3:00PM – Eastern Time at the Pizzagalli Center for Art and Education located at 6000 Shelburne Road, Shelburne VT 05482. The winning tickets will be drawn at random from a box containing all eligible raffle tickets. The drawing of the prize(s) is open to the public; however the winner does not need to be present to win.
- How to enter – Tickets may be purchased until Tuesday October 31, 2017 at 5:00pm Eastern Time (except as noted below).Tickets may sell out before that date. Tickets can be purchased as follows:
- In person:
Shelburne Museum’s store located at 6000 Shelburne Road, Shelburne VT 05482 (Store hours are 10:00am to 5:00pm every day).
- By Phone:
Please call our development office at 802-985-3346, extension 3145 (credit card payment only)
- By Mail:
Raffle entry forms can be located at www.shelburnemuseum.org/carraffle2017, Please note, in order to allow for processing of mailed in forms, the deadline to receive mailed entry forms is October 15th, 2017 (must be postmarked by October 15th 2017). Entry forms should be mailed to:
Shelburne Museum Car Raffle
6000 Shelburne Road
Shelburne, VT 05482
- Qualified participants – Purchasers of raffle tickets must be 18 years of age or older and a resident of the United States. The winner must supply their social security number (for tax reporting purposes only) and all other documentation required to receive the winning prize. Employees of Shelburne Museum and their immediate families are not eligible to participate in the raffle.
- Timing – the winner of the raffle must claim the prize within 30 (thirty) days of the drawing. If the winner does not claim the prize after 30 days of the drawing, winner forfeits the prize and alternate winner will be selected randomly from the remaining tickets.
- Delivery – the winner of the Raffle’s first price is responsible for picking up the vehicle at Shelburne Museum. The vehicle will not be given to the winner until all applicable taxes and fees have been paid by the winner and all required documentation has been completed. The vehicle is received in “as is” condition.
- Lost tickets – Shelburne Museum is not responsible for lost or misdirected mail. Raffle tickets received in the mail after October 15th, 2017 will not be included in the drawing.
- Acceptance of Official Rules and Regulations – By participating in this raffle, all ticket purchasers accept and agree to be bound by all the rules, limitations and restrictions set forth in here.
- Legal – Shelburne Museum does not provide legal or tax advice on the consequence of the raffle or its winner. Federal and State laws provide that the winner must pay all taxes on the value of their prize including income taxes. The IRS has taken the position that amounts paid for chances in raffles, lotteries or similar drawings are not considered gifts and consequently do not qualify as deductible charitable contributions.
- Disclaimers – Shelburne Museum is not responsible for any loss or damage suffered as a result of the use of the prize. These terms and conditions and any matters relating hereto shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of Vermont and jurisdiction over any and all disputes shall be exclusive to the state and federal courts in Vermont.
For any additional questions, please contact the Shelburne Museum Development office: J. Michael Smiles, Senior Development officer at 802-985-0880.