- Painting a Nation: American Art at Shelburne Museum Apr 26 - Oct 31
- Birds of a Feather: Shelburne Museum's Decoy Collection Nov 21 - Jun 19
- 32 Degrees: The Art of Winter Jan 23 - May 30
- Dominique Ehrmann: Once Upon a Quilt May 1 - Oct 31
- Wind, Waves, and Light: Kinetic Sculpture by George Sherwood May 1 - Oct 31
- Lecture: Invitation to American Art
- 4 p.m.
- Apr 17
- All Souls Interfaith Gathering
Invitation to American Art: From Sentimental Culture to Modernism
The second in a three-part lecture series with Shelburne Museum Director Thomas Denenberg examines art in America from the 17th through mid-20th centuries.
From Sentimental Culture to Modernism traces the transition from 19th century genre painting and Gilded Age imagery to the Machine Age in America. Artists include Eastman Johnson, William S. Mount, Lily Martin Spencer, Richard Woodville, John Singer Sargent, Charles Sheeler.