- Painting a Nation: American Art at Shelburne Museum Apr 26 - Oct 31
- Birds of a Feather: Shelburne Museum's Decoy Collection Nov 21 - Jun 19
- 32 Degrees: The Art of Winter Jan 23 - May 30
- Dominique Ehrmann: Once Upon a Quilt May 1 - Oct 31
- Wind, Waves, and Light: Kinetic Sculpture by George Sherwood May 1 - Oct 31
- Lecture: Invitation to American Art
- 4 p.m.
- Apr 24
- All Souls Interfaith Gathering
Invitation to American Art: Magical Realism and Abstraction
The final lecture in a three-part series with Shelburne Museum Director Thomas Denenberg examines art in America from the 17th through mid-20th centuries.
Magical Realism and Abstraction focuses on the mid-20th century, often characterized by the rise of Abstract Expressionism, but also gave birth to Magical Realism. Artists include Edward Hopper, Paul Cadmus, Andrew Wyeth, Jackson Pollack, Lee Krasner, and Mark Rothko.