- All Star Quilts: The John Wilmerding Collection Jun 27 - Oct 26
- Painting a Nation: American Art at Shelburne Museum May 26 - Oct 31
- Nancy Crow, Seeking Beauty: Riffs on Repetition May 11 - Oct 31
- Trailblazers: Horse-powered Vehicles May 11 - Oct 31
- The Alphabet of Sheep by Patty Yoder May 11 - Oct 31
- Lock, Stock and Barrel: The Terry Tyler Collection of Vermont Firearms May 11 - Oct 31
- Lecture: Invitation to American Art
- 4 p.m.
- Apr 24
- All Souls Interfaith Gathering
Invitation to American Art: Magical Realism and Abstraction
The final lecture in a three-part series with Shelburne Museum Director Thomas Denenberg examines art in America from the 17th through mid-20th centuries.
Magical Realism and Abstraction focuses on the mid-20th century, often characterized by the rise of Abstract Expressionism, but also gave birth to Magical Realism. Artists include Edward Hopper, Paul Cadmus, Andrew Wyeth, Jackson Pollack, Lee Krasner, and Mark Rothko.