- Support the Museum
- The Campaign for Shelburne Museum
- Benefits: the Center for Art and Education at Shelburne Museum
Benefits: the Center for Art and Education at Shelburne Museum
The benefits of the new center for art and education at Shelburne Museum are many. They include:
- For the first time, the public will have year-round access to the Museum’s collections.
- It will create a modern, flexible venue for the finest special exhibitions of art and design and will facilitate a year-round schedule of exhibitions.
- It will allow the Museum to devote a minimum of 3,000 square feet of other exhibition space on the Museum campus to the display of permanent collections, including significantly more American paintings.
- It will create the Museum’s first modern classroom for year-round programs in art making, art history and cultural history for adults and children.
- It will allow educators and students access to the Museum and its collections for the full academic year.
- It will create an important new local landmark and community venue and redefine the Museum’s marketability as a prominent year-round attraction.