Railroad Station and Freight Shed
The Shelburne Railroad Station exhibits a stationmaster’s office, waiting rooms for men and women, telegraphy systems, maps, and other late 19th- and early 20th-century railroad memorabilia.
The station was built in 1890 near the center of Shelburne to serve passengers of the Central Vermont and Rutland Railroads. Passenger service to the community was discontinued in 1953, and the station was moved to the Museum six years later.
A freight shed, built in 1963, exhibits hand tools and equipment used by railroad workers and includes handcarts, picks and shovels, and signal lanterns from railroad lines across the country.